Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mischievous Me #1

It was the day when I called a stranger walking on the street "chamchi"। We were just playing outside and the girl who lived next door asked me to call this lady walking on the street "chamchi" and I did without actually knowing what it meant. Then I was laughing. The lady went berserk and started yelling and people started gathering around. Not until my dad came out, found out what was actually happening and slapped me, first time ever I saw stars in the middle of the day. I was so embarrassed, I cried.


Btw, the literal meaning of "chamchi" is small spoon in Gujarati. Also known as "chamcha", additional meanings: small spoon, bag with many partitions for keeping betel leave, tobacco etc.; also sycophant, toady.

1 comment:

AmiDA said...

:)gosh i imagined how you would have felt... cant even put it in words :)