Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Smiles

What is it about a smile that makes us happy? That's what I have been wondering... I've been watching the shows of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007 recently and when I see the smiles on the faces of the contestants and the judges (one of them oooh-so-hot! yep I'm talking about Shekhar) and the ooooh-so-handsome host Aditya ;) it just makes me smile. Specially if it's some friendly or pleasant face. What is it about a smile that spreads that pleasing feeling? Over the weekend, I saw a baby (probably less than a year old) with his mom and while I was looking at him and smiling, he smiled back. It was amazing to see even they can reconize and return a smile. :)

Reminds me of a little passage I read on smile once:


A smile costs nothing, but gives a lot.

It enriches those who receive it without making poorer those who give it.

A smile takes only a moment, but the memory of it can last forever.

No one is so rich, or so mighty, that they can get a long without a smile.

And no one is so poor that they cannot be made richer by a smile.

A smile creates happiness in the home, fosters goodwill in business and is the counter sign of friendship.

A smile brings rest to the weary, cheer to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad and is nature's best cure for trouble.

Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen for it is of no value to anyone until it is given away.

Some people are too tired to give a smile so give them one of yours as no one needs a smile so much as he who has no more of his own to give.

1 comment:

AmiDA said...

thats so true!! a smile is irresistible! :)
reminds me that my teacher always said that a smile begins in the eyes :)