For me, it wasn't a santa or boogie man (I don't even know what that is but I've just heard a lot about kids believing in it) because I didn't know that they existed. I mean at that age, you know. :)
I find these thoughts so funny, ridiculous, crazy and sometimes serious too, but the interesting thing is they do eventually become part of us and just sit there in one corner of our minds until they're prodded again. So I thought of doing a fun exercise to list the ones I could recall and share it with my fellow grown up kids. So I'll go first. :D
I had some really weird beliefs back then as you'll read below.
- that tigers lived in the dark (just about everywhere there is dark) and pounced on people at night. One of the homes we lived in had a bathroom outside and every night I'd have someone accompany me because I was just too freaked out of those silly tigers.
- that after the heart beats slow down, they eventually stop. You got to jump up and down and keep them beating faster all the time.
- that foreign countries were on another planet and that's why you had to fly there.
- that babies are just born at certain age and the parents have to make sure they get their daughter married before she reaches that age.
- that "sleeping" with (this was after I learnt about that but was still too young to know all of it) more than one man kills the woman. :P well, most of the times in Hindi movies the heroine either died some how or committed suicide after it so that's what I thought.
So what about you? Any crazy funny beliefs of yours that you no longer believe in?