Sunday, August 11, 2019

Moon and Jupiter conjunction of 2019-08-09

What an exciting night! Our Moon and Jupiter and its moons have been all hanging out together from where we're looking at them since last couple of days. I got to witness them with family and capture this too. It's at times like these I feel I should invest in a telescope but gotta have time to do the research and then make the investment. Hopefully that time will come sooner than later :)

Apparently, Saturn was also hanging out nearby with Pluto somewhere close by, but my camera and lens couldn't get them all in single shot so I shot Saturn separately. Pluto couldn't be recognized to my naked eye. Those photos weren't the clearest so no logs of them here.

More info about the conjunction here: https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/get-your-telescopes-ready-the-moon-will-appear-close-to-these-2-planets-this-weekend/70009028

Moon and its gorgeous craters

Moon, Jupiter on lower right and Jupiter's four moons (if you zoom-in enough)

No comments: