Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Ho'oponopono - the Hawaiian forgiveness prayer

Recently, as in last week, I discovered this Hawaiian forgiveness prayer "Ho'oponopono" that one uses to forgive themselves. It is very simple to practice yet very powerful. It goes like this:


When we do this prayer, we are supposed to say all of these statements to our very own self as it is said that any and all healing happens within us first. Even when someone around you is unwell, you can heal them by doing this prayer for yourself. I was truly astonished when I first read it. I had to reread it to let that sink in. How do I heal others by healing myself? But it's true. Here's hoping I am able to do this as often and as much as possible. 🙏 

More about ho'oponopono here: https://www.wanttoknow.info/070701imsorryiloveyoujoevitale


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful forgiveness prayer that gives one lasting peace. Good one. Love you. :)

Kanan said...

It has been amazing to discover this forgiveness prayer. I have started to forgive myself for so many things, things I didn't even know before about myself. Thank you, love you :)